Including ongoing improvements, the stadium has undergone four renovations during its history. The first of these occurred in the mid-1960s, when the western part of the renovated structure. Next, beginning in 1970 and was completed four years later, saw the addition of north and south stands, increasing capacity to 30,000. Architect of the project was Yu. Tabakova. Also added is the first stadium roof and drainage systems, as well as spotlights, a panel of information, and a hotel, which lies under the feet north and sports.
![]() |
Oblast Sports Complex Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv - UEFA Euro 2012 |
The third renovation began in 1979 to renovate the East and South stands, but recently completed. After the demolition of the South Stand of the year, construction stopped indefinitely, only to continue in 1998 after a delay of nearly twenty years. After the opening, a new East Stand and partly re-established South Stand.
Metalist fourth set of renovations were ordered in preparation for Euro 2012. South Stand and East Stand had been completed really new has been built, increasing capacity to 41,411. Roof replacement, modernization and repair of other general aesthetics is set to be completed by the end of 2009. On December 5, 2009 there is the opening of the renovated stadium on the 50th anniversary of the president Metalist Kharkiv, Oleksandr Yaroslavsky.
![]() |
Oblast Sports Complex Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv |
South Stand contains the third-floor shopping center - business center "Metalist-Arena". Offices for rent here with UkrSibbank, several local businesses, and other banks. There is a pharmacy, medical offices, tour agencies, and more.
FORMER NAMES : Tractor Stadium (1926–1940), Dzerzhinets Stadium (1940–1967)
LOCATION : Kharkiv, Ukraine
BROKE GROUND : 1925
OPENED : September 12, 1926
RENOVATED : December 5, 2009
OWNER : Metalist Kharkiv
SURFACE : Grass
ARCHITECT : Z. V. Permilovskyi
CAPACITY : 38,633 (football)
FIELD DIMENSIONS : 105 x 68m
Source Wikipedia